2007/7/15, Adam Lackorzynski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Sat Jul 14, 2007 at 19:03:41 +0800, kashin Lin wrote:
> 2007/7/14, Adam Lackorzynski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >On Sat Jul 14, 2007 at 01:17:36 +0800, kashin Lin wrote:

my building sequence is :
======================================
in l4_all/kernel/fiasco
1. make BUILDDIR=../../build/fiasco

in l4_all/build/fiasco
2.  make menuconfig

in l4_all/l4
3. make config O=../build/l4env
4. make O=../build/l4env
======================================

> >> my questions :
> >> 1. when i issue make in l4/ to build the L4 userland, does it
automatic
> >build fiasco subsequently¡H
> >>
> >> 2. if yes, is its default output path for fiasco
> >l4_all/kernel/fiasco/build?
> >
> >Yes, a default configuration is built into kernel/fiasco/build upon
make
> >in the l4 directory if not configured otherwise (see the L4
> >configuration menu).
> >
> >>  ( after the operations mentioned above, i find there are some new
files
> >in
> >> l4_all/kernel/fiasco/build )
> >>  but my configuration for fiasco is in l4_all/build/fiasco, is this
auto
> >> build operation based on my config?
> >
> >No, it's a default build.
> >
> >>  or i should set BUILDDIR to l4_all/kernel/fiasco/build?
> >
> >No. The way you build the kernel is fine.
>

> but the default build isn't base on my configuration (i enable 'Handle
and
> preserve segments').

No.

> if i don't set BUILDDIR to l4_all/kernel/fiasco/build. how does default
> build know
> how i config fiasco?

Not at all. The configuration used for the kernel/fiasco/build is just a
plain default standard configuration. It has nothing to do with your
specific configuration.

last time, you mentioned that :
> "Yes, a default configuration is built into kernel/fiasco/build upon
make
> in the l4 directory if not configured otherwise (see the L4
> configuration menu)."
> but i can't find any option in L4 configuration menu which is about
fiasco?

It's the 'Do not build anything outside l4 directory' option in the
'Advanced' menu.

according to my building sequence metioned above,
if i want to build fiasco in the place i assigned (
BUILDDIR=../../build/fiasco ) and
based on my config, i should go to l4_all/build/fiasco, and issue "make"
again?

if yes, does it also mean the order of build l4env and fiasco is at our own
choise?
(build l4env first and then fiasco or build fiasco first then l4env)

thanks for answering.

Adam
--
Adam                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]