Hello,

Sorry to be lazy and not dig too deeply into the documentation and code, but
once upon a time it was possible to use the l4re_ma functions to allocate
pinned memory. Then, one would use the dataspace protocol to obtain the
physical address of the memory via the capability involved in memory
allocation.

This exercise would be sufficient to get into a position to initialise
peripherals in a system-on-a-chip, setting registers with the physical memory
addresses they would need for things like DMA. The initialisation of things
like framebuffers would rely on this procedure.

I see that the "phys" operation in the dataspace protocol was discarded some
time ago, and now there is a "DMA space" abstraction instead:

https://l4re.org/doc/group__api__l4re__c__dma.html

Are there any examples of how I might obtain a physical address associated
with a block of memory using this new API?

Thanks in advance for any guidance that might be offered!

Paul