Hi Roberto,

Yes there are still people (me) working on the afterburner. Mostly internal
prototyping though, far less attention is spent to the external project pages.

Here's a quick suggestion on getting UP afterburner/pre-virtualization to work
(I've sent that to l4ka a while ago):

- Download the afterburner via mercurial
- No need to download pistachio or IDL tools etc., the afterburner make script
will download it
- check out and inspect the sample config.out files in afterburner/configs,
e.g.,
  - choose sample-config.out if you'd like to have para-virtualized linux guests
  - choose sample-config-hvm.out if you'd like fully-virtualized guests
(WARNING: WORK IN PROGRESS). Works only with Intel VMX
- create a build directory, run "make -f path/to/afterburner/Makefile", copy
your favorite sample config into "build/config.out", run "make menuconfig" to
edit the settings, finally run "make world", which will produce binaries in
"build/boot"
- make "run-qemu" runs the afterburner in qemu

Just a quick tip: use gcc and g++ Versions 3, e.g. by running make CC=gcc3
CXX=g++3, or by putting "CC=gcc3" and "CXX=g++3" into the local build Makefile.

-Jan

--
Jan Stoess
System Architecture Group