Speak out against S-Comm: Sign the petition now.
Secure Communities or S-Comm is a highly criticized federal program
that is deporting immigrants who have done nothing wrong, encouraging
racial profiling, devastating communities around the country, and making us all
less safe. Uunder S-Comm authorities can deport a woman reporting domestic
violence, instead of protecting her.1 With over 1 million men, woman and
children deported under the Obama
Administration, 60% with minor traffic violations, S-Comm has been
proven detrimental to the hard working and innocent people.Huge
immigrant states like Illinois and New York opted out of the program
because it breeds distrust of the police .
This week, the Obama administration just did the unthinkable:
they have forced states and police departments to comply with this
controversial S-Comm program– a move guaranteed to deport many more millions of
people.
The United Farm Workers has fought hard to find real solutions to this
broken immigration system and to protect the millions of farm workers
toil in the shadows to harvest the food we eat every day
We need a massive outcry—and fast—if we are to stop this
disastrous program. The UFW is working with Presente and other immigrant groups
on this effort.  Please sign our petition today!
Thank you and¡Si Se Puede!

To sign petition, go to http://action.ufw.org/page/s/scomm?source=web

PETITION LANGUAGE:
Your decision to force all localities to enroll in Secure Communities
(S-Comm) is anti-democratic, and will further devastate our communities
by placing innocent immigrants in deportation and breaking trust between police
and immigrants. We demand that you terminate the S-Comm program
immediately!
Director, Deport Nation, 11/08/2010