Singer Roy Zimmerman's Los Angeles “Wake Up Call” Tour
www.royzimmerman.com/bio.html - www.royzimmerman.com/schedule.html

I'll be bringing my funny songs about Peace and Justice to a bevy of Southern
California shows this week.  The details are below.  In the meantime, here's
"The Faucet's On Fire!" one of my recent YouTube offerings -
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFD72ECm_CM
Roy Zimmerman - www.royzimmerman.com

Friday, August 9th - 7:30 PM

Roy Zimmerman: Wake Up Call

Folk Music Center & Museum
220 Yale Avenue, Claremont
$12

Saturday, August 10th – 8:00 PM

Roy Zimmerman: Wake Up Call

UU Church of Studio City
12355 Moorpark Street, Studio City
$18 or Pay What You Can

Sunday, August 11th – 8:00 PM

Roy Zimmerman: Funny Songs & Bad Advice
McCabe’s Guitar Shop

3101 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica
Info - 310-828-4497

$15

Tuesday, August 13th – 7:00 PM

Roy Zimmerman: Wake Up Call

UU Church of Verdugo Hills
4451 Dunsmore Avenue, La Crescenta
$18 or Pay What You Can

Saturday, August 17th – 8:00 PM

Roy Zimmerman: Wake Up Call

UU Church of Conejo Valley
3327 Old Conejo Road, Newbury Park
For Info Email: fo...@cvuuf.org
$18

ROY ZIMMERMAN: WAKE UP CALL

Roy Zimmerman writes hilarious, rhyme-intensive original songs that are also
incisive calls to action, smart, savvy and undeniable.  “He simultaneously
inspires me and makes me laugh my ass off,” says comedian/author Paul Krassner.

Zimmerman’s “Wake Up Call” is ninety minutes of these songs - funny songs like
“Abstain With Me” and “I Want a Marriage Like They Had In the Bible,” heartfelt
songs like “Hope, Struggle and Change” and “I Approve This Message,” and
impassioned comic commentary.

In thirteen albums over twenty years, Roy has brought the sting of satire to
the struggle for Peace and Social Justice.  His songs have been heard on HBO
and Showtime.  He has recorded for Warner/Reprise Records, and he’s been
profiled on NPR’s “All Things Considered.”  His YouTube videos have amassed
over seven million views, and he’s a featured blogger for the Huffington Post.

In 2012, Roy and his wife and co-writer Melanie Harby traveled 47,000 miles to
complete a 50-state tour of all 49 states.  (Hawaii was “Omission
Accomplished,” he says.)  “Wake Up Call” is a funny, tuneful and unabashedly
Progressive look at what they saw and heard across America in the Obama Era.

“Zimmerman is a guy on the left skewering folks on the right with rapier-sharp
lyrics ... underneath the caustic satire is a man who is surprisingly
optimistic.” - Sing Out! Magazine

“Zimmerman lifted the evening... squawking and clucking his scorn with a
contagious irreverence.” - Stephen Holden, New York Times

“Zimmerman has a rare gift for songwriting.” - San Francisco Chronicle

YouTube Links:

“Creation Science 101” - www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIwiPsgRrOs

“I’m In” - www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCA6nqC7B20

“To Be a Liberal” - www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3qgiNPVpSM