Emergency USA logo

Under One Blue Sky

Taking Back The Skies For Peace - Healing the Wounds of War!

Saturday, September 21st - 12:00 Noon to 4:00 PM

At

Crescent Bay Park in Santa Monica

2000 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica  90405

Parking Hint: Easy Entrance, Ample Parking ($8 fee) via Bicknell Avenue

Bring Your Favorite Kite*

*Or borrow one: we'll have extras and there will be a delightful opportunity
for all who attend to make their own kite.

Event guests will enjoy a beach reception, seating at tables with umbrellas,
and delicious Afghan picnic lunch.

Live acoustic music, kite-making, photo-portraits, face-painting for kids,
and beautiful hand-made kites from Afghanistan featured in a silent auction.

Proceeds are dedicated to  <http://www.emergencyusa.org/> EMERGENCY USA, an
organization supporting the
<http://www.emergencyusa.org/En/002/Programs.html> excellent medical
programs of EMERGENCY worldwide.

*Register as one of our kite team members or donate to the team here:

www.firstgiving.com/team/237531

To enter the event as an honored guest, fee for admission waived!

Some Recent Articles about EMERGENCY:
www.emergencyusa.org/En/004/035/In+the+News.html

Dear Friends,

After hearing Dr. Gino Strada speak about his work with EMERGENCY, the
extraordinary organization he co-founded, we signed up to be part of a local
group in L.A. about to be formed. With the devastation and suffering caused
by U.S. led wars we were desperate to act in some way to address the
suffering of the victims. We were grateful to find an organization that was
taking direct action to help heal the wounds of war for the people of Iraq,
Afghanistan and other war torn countries. That was 9 years ago.  Emergency's
work continues... treating a person every 2 minutes for the past 19 years.

On International Peace Day next Saturday, September 21st, EMERGENCY USA has
organized the second annual nationwide event:  Under One Blue Sky.

We are writing to ask you to donate to the critical work of EMERGENCY by
going to our firstgiving page and if possible, to join us for a beautiful
afternoon event in Santa Monica.  Please visit Sandra and Ulis' page:
www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/sandrasunshinewilliams/one-blue-sky-2013

Any amount is greatly appreciated!

Sandra and Ulis Williams

sandrasdelmu...@gmail.com

Ticket Information

Ticket Type

Sales End

Price

Fee

Quantity

RSVP: Free! Kite Team or Sponsor!

Welcome honored guests! Donors who have sponsored a kite team member & Kite
team/event volunteers RSVP here! Questions? email: l...@emergencyusa.org or
Call 888-501-3872

Sep 22, 2013

$0.00

$0.00

RSVP: $15 for Event Guests

Welcome event attendees! If you are not registered on a kite-team and have
not sponsored a kite-team member, your $15 donation is appreciated! Picnic
food, live music, flight of kites, and support of a magnificent cause
included!

Sep 21, 2013

$15.00

$1.82

General Donations Welcome!

In case you would like to make a donation to this great cause, your support
of EMERGENCY USA is appreciated tremendously. Questions? Email:
l...@emergencyusa.org or Call: 888-501-EUSA

Sep 21, 2013

Enter amount ($)

 <javascript:%20freeCheckout();> Register