Wow what a doll.   Looks like a very good breeder.

Sherri

EddyAnne4 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
G'day, Eddy here.

Sherri mentioned:-
<<<< If you were to be very allergic to dogs I would stick to a poodle.  I have many clients that have got a doodle only to find out there were allergic to it and already in love with their puppy, sad. >>>>

Yes you will find some people who are allergic to Labradoodles, and yes you will find some people who are allergic Poodles.
An example in allergic not only to dogs but also allergic to Poodles - In 1996 Guide Dogs Victoria Australia sent samples of coat and samples of saliva from about 30 Poodles to a person in Hawaii who was allergic to dogs, ALL of the samples from the 30 Poodles allergy aggravated that person. For the next 2 years Guide Dogs looked for a solution, and in 1998 they cross bred a Labrador to a Poodle which produced a litter of 3 puppies, from those puppies samples of coat and saliva were sent to Hawaii, and the samples from ONE of the 3 puppies was successful in not allergy aggravating that person. By the way that particular pup was named Sultan, and although Sultan did not allergy aggrevate that person in Hawaii keep in mind that there maybe some other people who could be allergy aggrevated by Sultan.

Most people who are allergic to dogs tend to be allergic to all dogs, BUT there are some people who are allergic to some dogs but not to others. My advise is that if a person has a known allergy to dogs and if they are considering a dog then they really should take the time and effort to allergy test themselves not only just to the breed but also to the particular pup that they are interested in, this irrespective if the dog happens to be any type of pure breed or any type of cross breed.

My wife and I for 5 years have been looking into obtaining a dog as a assistance service dog, and during that time we had considered many breeds including the Australian Labradoodle, prime consideration was my wife's allergy towards dogs which was gradually becoming worse over the years, also prime consideration was the dog's health and temperament and suitability to being an assistance service dog.

Yes it's been a long process included looking into the Australian Labradoodle. We not only wanted to talk to breeders and see their doggies but also wanted to talk to pet owners and see their doggies, and with the aim of what I mentioned above. Take for example back in November we went to an Australian Labradoodle "ROMP", and yes there we talked to pet owners and saw their doggies, and my wife also physically checked her allergy situation to them, and gees we even had a friend's Australian Labradoodle live in our home for a month whilst the owner went overseas to America to see their daughter's new baby.

Anyway, here are some photos of the "romp" when we went to in Melbourne, and amongst the photos on Page 1 you will see my wife Anne who was given a doggie so that Anne could "puppy sit Dimity on her first social outing", and yes they certainly were strangers to each other and Dimity displayed a very good temperament all the time she was there and this in various situations plus my wife obtained yet more contact exposure allergy wise to the doggies, anyway have a look at some photos:-

Page 1 and look for photo of Anne with Dimity (14th photo):-
http://www.rutlandmanor.com/Site/MelbRomp20Nov2005.aspx

In relation to our new pup, well my wife is not allergic to Quincy and yes my wife took the time and effort to check herself to him, and where the breeder understood the situation where she certainly would take him back at anytime if need be but then there was no need to. Now we look forward to training Quincy towards being a qualified assistance service dog, and we also have taken the time and effort to look into this before we even obtained him. And on this webpage is an earlier photo of our Quincy:-

Eddy Safianski
Sale Victoria. Australia
Email:- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website:-
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~safcav/

Do you Yahoo!?
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta. __._,_.___

Breed charm dog italian Dog breed gift Dog breed t shirt
Dog breed charm Labradoodle Dog breed flag

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS