Hello all.  My name is Patty, and my hubby, daughter (7 yo) and I are
the proud owners of a 9 week old (DOB 9-1) Labradoodle.  He is cream,
and is adorable.  We purchased him from a reputable breeder near us
in Springville, AL.  We decided to name him Max.  We are in training,
as we are new to handling puppies, crates, etc.  He has had several
accidents indoors, but I think that is as much our fault as his.  We
are learning, and every day that goes by gets a little better.  He is
very attached to us, and clearly does not like being alone.  He is
doing good with his crate, and we enjoy the break it affords.  Of
course we don't leave him in it for extended periods of time, at this
point.

We took him to Petsmart, and the first thing the clerk said when she
saw him was, "Oh, that is SUCH a high maintenance dog!"  Alrighty
then....   not want I wanted to hear, but she may prove right.  We
will see.  I am excited about this breed.  And no, we didn't get it
because of a fad or the "designer dog" status.  (I am growing weary
of that label.  I wanted a dog with a good temperament, that was low
shed, and not huge.

Of course, we are soaking up any info we can get our hands on
concerning training, and discipline.  He started humping my leg
yesterday -- I couln't believe it!  But this list covered that, and I
put him flat on the floor and said NO HUMPING! So thanks for that
advice!  I will post a pic soon.  Looking forward to learning more
from this forum.  Thanks!

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional