This is a great recipe:
  This is only for external use and it also will dye the hair so be careful it
will turn your dog purple! LOL!

  16 OZ. Isopropyl Alcohol (60 percent)
  4 Tablespoon Boric Acid
  16 drops of Gentian Violet Solution 1%

  Mix together in a alcohol bottle

  Shake each time you use to mix up the boric acid.
  Use cotton ball.
  I use this with my dogs works like a charm

  Use 2x's a day for 1 week and then evaluate the ears.
  Sheila

Carol Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
            Oh boy you have to keep tabs on these early or they will get
infected.  Have you pulled the ear hair or has this ever been done?  If the
dogs ears are painful have a professional do it and he may need some medicine
to clear up the infection.  After that there are many alcohol based
disenfectant one can by at the pet stores to keep them clean and dry followed
by power...........

  Here is a good ear link i found also in my grooming section on my web site
there is allot of info on ears and care and grooming.

  http://animalpetdoctor.homestead.com/Ears.html

  fondly,

  Carol

  www.southerncharmlabradoodles.com

Renie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
                Well I would like to know what you all use to keep there ears
clean . Sam's are a mess and they smell ..
  Thanks
  Renie

  Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your
question on Yahoo! Answers.

TV dinner still cooling?