Hello,
Congrats on your puppy! I know how hard it is to wait extra time! We
were going on vacation and our breeder graciously agreed to keep our
puppy an extra two weeks for us, but we were so anxious to get him!

We have a 4-month-old mini cream colored Australian multi-gen. We have
gone through a TON of dog toys in the 2 months we've had him! A large
variety of toys is a good idea. There are a ton of puppy toys
scattered all over our house, but I have to say, we have not had a
problem with Dempsey chewing our things. The only time he does is when
he's bored -- or when I have put away all of his toys. A bit of
advice, quality matters! Cheap toys will not last! I have thrown lots
away! Squeaky toys are great -- but Dempsey has killed many squeakers!
I found a stuffed duck the other day that came with a velcro opening
and an extra squeaker -- BRILLIANT! Rope toys are great, as well as a
chewy sturdy ball or two and a Kong too! It's fun to buy puppy toys,
and I thought we had gone overboard, but they can really chew through
them quickly!
Small high-quality treats will be essential in potty rewards etc.
There are some you can find at PetsMart or the like, but I find the
locally owned pet store has a better variety of the really good stuff.
Also better quality toys, for what it's worth.
We purchased a wonderful brush from our breeder -- I believe it's
called a slicker brush. I have brushed Dempsey nearly daily since
we've gotten him, and he doesn't fight me, or squirm at all now.

Good luck! Have fun and remember that the little baby puppy phase is
so short lived, so enjoy!
Donna and Dempsey (woof!)

--- In labradoodles@yahoogroups.com, "Cheryl Hague" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Everyone!
>
> I need your help.   [:D] As long as I'm waiting the extra week, I
> thought I'd go ahead and do some shopping for my new puppy. What kinds
> of toys, chew toys, and treats are most appropriate for  a labradoodle?
> Also, what kind of grooming tools do you use? I'm not sure how to
> classify her coat -she is a 9 week old cream F1b, and she has both curl
> and straight at this point. I know she won't have the full poodle coat -
> she has siblings that will - but from looking at a lot of pics of F1b's
> from puppy to adulthood, it looks like she will get more curl as she
> grows and be low  to non-shed.
>
> Thanks so much  [;)]
>
> Cheryl

Yahoo! Groups Links