My husband didn't wake up last week.  Suddenly I had a new set of challenges
to deal with -- and a big adjustment.
Things are proceeding much faster than I expected.  My DH had seven cars,
that I knew of, and 8-9 motorcycles - all in various state of repairs.  He
also had three storage units, 2 of which was stuff from our old business.  I
contacted a friend who deals with old cars.  He took a look at the
vehicles, engines, parts and junk.  He bought three of the cars and all the
motorcycles -- with the promise to clean out my shop, garage and basement of
the junk so we can see the good stuff.  He has the equipment and team of guys
to do the work.

Then he looked at the two storage units and contacted an auction dealer who
might take charge of the whole thing -- sell it off and give me a
percentage.  I'll be seeing him tomorrow.
Then my friend brought in a person interested in the three volkswagens and all
the VW bits and pieces.  He gave me a bid and I accepted.  Between these two
guys, they will leave me with a shop, garage and basement that has ONLY the
things I want in them -- like my garden tools and a few woodworking tools.
Unbelievable!!!!  My biggest nightmare has turned into a dream.

I earlier noted that there were seven cars, that I knew of.  I have since
learned of a dune buggy he owned, parked elsewhere, and the possibility of a
Lloyd auto.  I found some references to one, and the guys have found several
parts in the shop that are from a Lloyd.  I also found a brand new set of
license plates, Special Interest ones, that the Motor Vehicle Dept has no
record of belonging to him.  Maybe the police can help me find what they are
supposed to be for.
The seventh car is a new car that I really can't afford to keep.  It's an
all-electric car.  I contacted the local salesman of that type of car, and he
will see what the dealership will offer me.  It if were paid for, i'd keep if
around for fun and local driving, but I figured out that I can pay for
gasoline for a year in my own car for the amount of one month's car payment.
It's not practical to keep it.  It was worth the cost for the pleasure it
gave my DH the past few years, but not practical for me alone.
Oh yes -- the third storage unit.  When I got in it to take a look, it had
only two items in it -- neither of which I had any use for.  I officially
abandoned the items to the storage people, and gave them the key to the
lock.  They will put the items in their next auction or dispose of them.
I can't believe all this has happened in a week.  I still have to notify
investment and insurance companies and a bank.  I'm sure something else will
turn up that needs to be done.  I'll wait a bit  to have a memorial
service.  I'm thinking that it will be at the Air Museum Chapel since he
spent so much time at the museum.
Meanwhile, i will spend today at State Fair, making lace, and tomorrow is
regular lace meeting day.  Everything else can wait until Friday.  Fair
attendance is apt to be light today -- it's rainy weather.  Tomorrow the Fair
has 25-cent admission fee.  That's the cost 150 years ago at the first fair,
so they are celebrating the anniversary with the same price.  The weather is
supposed to be better, also.
Keep making lace -- it's very  calming.Alice in Oregon