Thurlow - its a dessertspoon, which in turn is half a tablespoon.  In
Australia, in order to avoid confusion between the various countries, and in
particular to help accurately measure childrens' medicines, a measuring
teaspoon was standardised at 5mls.  Thus, a dessertspoon is 10mls, and a
tablespoon is 20 mls.

Hope this helps!
Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)
Thurlow Weed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Help! I've found a lovely recipe for
strawberry tarts, but the pastry recipe
contains a measurement with which I'm unfamilar, unless it's a misprint on the
website. The recipe calls for "2 dsps icing sugar." Can anyone tell me what
what or how much a "dsps" is?

Thurlow
Lancaster OH
where the strawberries are abundant this year.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com