On Feb 24, 2005, at 8:49, David Collyer wrote:

A MONKS TALE
"We forgot the "R", we forgot the "R" His forehead is all bloody and bruised and he is
crying uncontrollably.
The young monk asks the old abbot, "What's wrong, father?"
With a choking voice, the old abbot replies, "The word is "CELEBRATE" "The
word is "CELEBRATE."

I've always liked the Polish version of that joke better and often wondered if it hadn't been the original one... There, too, they "missed the R" as well as some punctuation (eats, shoots and leaves <g>), but, at least, their spelling was correct...

The original text said:
"bedziesz zyl w celi, bracie" (you will live in a cell, brother). The copies said: "bedziesz zyl w celibacie" (you will live in celibacy)

If you take the "r" out of "celebrate", you get "celebate", which doesn't mean anything...

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/