-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of David in Ballarat
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 10:18 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; angela; Vivienne sobek; Kaye Aldenhoven;
chris; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Raie
Subject: [lace-chat] A Difficult Day

Dear Friends,
Today started out bright and breezy as I was expecting 2 friends of
50 years up from Melbourne for the day.

However, at about midday, just prior to their arrival my tobacco man
accidently ran over my dear cat Barbara Doll. At least he stopped and
came back in to tell me. She had shot off under the house which is
about 12" high at the front and there was I all clean and showered
worming my way through 125 years of dust, broken bricks etc. to try
to get to her.

As I got near, she walked out the other side. I could see that her
right back leg was shattered, but I could not get near her. It was
pathetic watching her trying to climb a tree.

Eventually my friends arrived and we caught her and got her to the
Vet. After many x-rays and examinations it seems she was extremely
lucky - the hip is OK. It's mainly around the ankle area which is all
dislocated and smashed. The orthopod is to check the x-rays in the
morning, but it looks as though we are facing amputation tomorrow
afternoon.

I offered to invent a prosthesis, but there are too many problems
with fur etc. They said she'll cope really well and it's far easier
for a cat to lose a back leg than a front one which they use so much
for grooming, digging holes etc.

David in Ballarat