For christmas it would be nice to mix in some pine scent.

Cearbhael

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Bev Walker
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2006 8:19 PM
To: Janice Blair
Cc: lace-chat-digest
Subject: Re: [lace-chat] party time, help needed

Hi Janice

"Grate or peel any bar soap in a large bowl with potato peeler into 2
cups boiling water, (about a half cup of peelings).  Add about a quarter
cup of liquid laundry starch, whip on high with electric mixer.  Add
more soap peelings if not stiff enough.....And create! It dries hard and
looks like fresh fallen snow on my Christmas tree and the whole house
smells divine."

I cadged this from a craft site - personally I'd use unscented soap, I
don't think the bar-soap smell goes well with food :(

HTH
--
bye for now
Bev indoors in Sooke, BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)