"Clay Blackwell wrote: While I was at Lace at Sweet Briar, I was snapping away with my trusty old (key word...) Canon Powershot A-95, when all of a sudden, it just died. The LED on the back showed red and purple streaks, and if I took the picture using the viewfinder, the image looked like red and purple
streaks! "

Hi all - I also have a Canon A-95 and was getting mauvy/pink photos. I took it into the shop from where I had purchased it and they said that it is a known problem with that particular model and that it is a fault with a part that was made by Sony and that it is a free repair. So my camera was sent back (by the shop at no expense to me) and came back repaired after about 2 weeks.

So... it might be the same problem and if you start getting 'coloured' pictures again you might want to check out if it is the same problem. It didn't happen every time but was gradually getting worse.

Malvary in Ottawa where it is supposed to be a hot day today, and I'm off playing in a bowls tournament - lots of water and lots of sunscreen.