From: "dmt11h...@aol.com" <dmt11h...@aol.com>
To: lace-chat@arachne.com; l...@arachne.com
Sent: Thu, December 2, 2010 6:36:37 PM
Subject: [lace-chat] Re: [lace] Re: Edwardian Farm

I personally think that there is a good chance that the show will come to
one of several PBS channels in my area, through which I have enjoyed
Eastenders  for years. I just loved the Victorian House, and Edwardian House
shows,

and  the Regency one where all the young people were supposed to pair up,
despite  being constantly chaperoned. The one set during WWII was a blast,
what with the  father building a bomb shelter, and the mother and grandmother
having to give up  smoking because cigarettes were rationed, and also being
made to learn to cook.  The most endearing moment was when the little boy
described how his mum had made  a blancmange and how incredibly tasty it was.
I don't believe he had ever had a  home cooked meal before. However, I can
tell that probably only 50% of these  ever come to a region even as well
served as mine which has numerous PBS  stations, and also BBC America.

I would never, ever, condone copyright infringement, even when an  entire
continent is denied the opportunity to see Pat Perryman instructing a  would
be Edwardian lacemaker. Heck, if we can't make a good historical  recreation
show which includes lacemaking on this side of the Atlantic, we don't
deserve one. And if our public stations decide that Edwardian Farm may be a
little too rarefied for an American audience, that is a decision I am prepared
to live with. But, speaking theoretically, and purely from a technical
standpoint, I would think that if there was some black-hearted fiend so devoid
of a moral compass that they could live with themselves after doing such a
thing, they could set up a camera that takes moving pictures on a tripod in
front of the TV or computer and switch it on when the lacemaking begins.
Any malefactor who would commit such an offense would probably be cagey
enough to practice first on a less interesting show, just to make sure the
settings on the camera were right. This illegal and universally  condemned
practice is called "Bootleg" on this side of the pond, and  practiced only by
the dregs of humanity.

Devon

arachne.modera...@gmail.com.