Prince William visited Christchurch yesterday, and also the mine where there
was a major disaster a few months ago.  He had a private meeting with the
relatives of the miners, and apparently spoke to every one of them. I
believe he is now in Queensland viewing the devastation there, - or he will
be in a day or two., and then will come on to Victoria to visit the flood
areas here, too.  He wants to meet the victims, not the officials, we are
told. Good on him.

The Victorian floods are still hanging around, as it is flat land, and it
has not drained off into the rivers.  Crops and homes are still underwater.

Regards from Liz in sunny Melbourne, where my autumn crocuses are just
coming into bloom.

lizl...@bigpond.com