A few years ago, I found a turn-table which was made expressly for digitizing music from vinyl to CDs! It has a USB connection to the computer, and plays 78, 45, and 33 speeds. I gave it to my DH for Christmas, and he loves it. He is an avid collector of music, and has been transferring his favorite albums to CDs for months now. I have a collection of my Dad's old 78s from the 30's and 40's, but haven't even tried to work with them. I suspect the condition is pretty bad, and don't want to gum up the works on this machine until DH has done all the transferring he wants!

Clay