On May 12, 2011, at 6:02 AM, Margery Allcock wrote:

> There's a lovely bit in today's Daily Telegraph (UK paper), about the
> TV show The Apprentice.  The competitors have such huge opinions of
> themselves that it's very funny to watch.  The Telegraph reports:
> "After the boys' team had elected to sell orange juice, the
> entrepreneurial elite paid a visit to a fruit market.  'Is that an
> orange?' asked one Alpha Male.  'I dunno,' replied his team leader."

And yet, they're but  lowly apprentices in the high self-esteem stakes. The
host of the show (US version) is now talking about, possibly, running for the
office of the US President. The mind boggles.

More about the show and its various "offspring":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Apprentice_%28U.S._TV_series%29

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/