>It is with great sadness, we tell you of the death of Mrs Doreen Wright
>this afternoon.

I was very sorry to hear about Doreen Wright - and a little surprised that
there has been no more comment about her.

I never knew her, except as the founding chairman of the Lace Guild (and I
was only a teenager at the time so not very interested in such things). But
does no one else on the list remember her? and is prepared to share an
anecdote? I was always told that she was "quite a character"!

Jane
Southampton, UK