Patty wrote:

<Janice,
Congratulations!  This is yet another method to accomplish a rolled edge.    I like
Sister Judith's attitude "Anything that makes the lace more beautiful".

Every method or technique had to be invented by someone, somewhere.  Just because
there are four hundred years of established solutions doesn't mean that there aren't
new ones to be found.

Your Mask is a wonderful piece.  It took my breath away.>

I guess I wasn't thinking about inventing another way of doing something, just
something that was easier for me.  Saves me the eye strain and the struggle with the
crochet hook.  I like to come up with ideas I have not seen yet, (I don't pretend to
know everything about all the laces so someone might have done that before), but I am
not sure how the lace community feels about innovation.  My thistle design in the IOLI
Bulletin at the beginning of the year had a new idea where I unplied the ends of the
thread at the top of the flower, brushed them, to make it look more downy-like.  I
didn't get any objections to that and several of my friends have made the pattern.  It
also meant not having to sew in the ends ;-)

Thank you for the compliments on the mask.  I enjoyed designing and making it.  I am
looking forward to the new Milanese book that Tamara wrote about and am very envious
of her experience with the Polychrome lace.  I have printed up her notes and will put
them in my book.  Future convention planners please note that the Pompi Parry workshop
was desired by so many lacers that I am sure a similar workshop at an IOLI convention
will be overwhelmed by those of us who want to take that class.

Janice Blair