When cross stitching with a sore finger I use a product called *Thimble
It* - very small adhesive pads which stick to the finger but when removed
leave no residue, I have the oval shape but there is a small round. I bought
mine from J & J Ford in the UK though they are from US, the info on the pack
is Sailor Corp. of America, Fayetteville. GA 30214 - Item No 60229.
Diana (Northamptonshire) UK