On Jan 3, 2004, at 12:33, Aurelia L. Loveman wrote:

Dear Magda -- I think what Tamara was referring to is a three-day workshop
on beginning Mechlin, to be given by Ulrike Loehr on July 31, and August
1st and 2nd.

Indeed it is. She offered the same workshop in Ithaca, in '99 and I was *accepted* for the class, then couldn't go, for personal reasons... I never got over it :) And as Loehr's now working on a new book which will be *on* Mechlin ("Ice flowers" is, I think, the tentative title; I saw some of the patterns while at the IOLI Convention, and they were *scrumptious*), it's all the more reason to try learnign the technique... The timing is a bit uncomfortable for me, since the OIDFA/Prague event takes place 11-23 July (if one wants to take in the workshops before the Congress and the tours after, as this "one" -- very definitely -- does <g>). Even if I slot my visit to Poland beforehand, it still gives me barely enough time to get over the jet-lag and do the laundry... :) But it's tempting, very...

Go to the web site of the Chesapeake Region Lace Guild, and it will tell you all about
it.

http://www.crlg.org/Calendar.html

Actually, it doesn't (as yet) say how much it'll cost or anything else -- just the dates, the names of the teachers and the subjects of the workshops...

----- Tamara P Duvall Lexington, Virginia, USA Formerly of Warsaw, Poland http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd/