Hello Spiders,

I am also a very big fan of Maltese lace. It is probably my favourite, stemming from inheriting a collar and a flounce from my grandmother, both of which I used in my wedding gown. I have managed to do a Maltese cross but haven't gotten any further - though I have plans for some.

There are two other books that contain a few Maltese patterns.

1. Pillow or Bobbin Lace - Technique, Patterns, History by Elizabeth Mincoff and Margaret S. Marriage.
It contains a couple of small squares, a couple of edgings, and a tie. I don't know if I would have classified a couple of them as Maltese but I am not an expert.

2. The Bedfordshire Family of Laces by Jennifer Fisher.
This book has a collar but it is mostly tallies/leaves. It also has a small square, a wide edging and just a simple Maltese cross by itself.

Last year I did buy a 36" round Maltese 'tablecloth' which I adore. It has an Arts and Crafts feel to it and the stitches are so tiny and perfect. I now have to find the right table to display it on.

Cindy - in cold, cold Wisconsin