In a message dated 1/25/04 6:33:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> A friend asked me to help her find lace for reasonable lace for a
> 1630 dress.  Lace of that time had deep scallops about 3 inches
> across.  Any ideas for some sources?
>
> Sharon Palmer

Dear Lacemakers,

There is no indication of which country this inquiry is from.  Costume of the
period varies quite a bit, depending on the country of origin, as costume
experts and lace collectors will realize immediately.

People from many nations/cultures are on Arachne.   We are very willing to be
of assistance, but often - to be accurate - we need a bit more information!

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center