Actually, as I learnt last summer when I made my first Beds designs under Barbara Underwood's watchful eye, Beds uses the same grid as Torchon. When she told me that I was absolutely gob-smacked (as the Brits say). But it is true - you can lay a 45 degree grid over any Beds pattern and see for yourself.