On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 10:01:14AM -0700, Alice Howell wrote:
> I tried to convert the CM figures above to inches, and came up with 28
> inches square.  That's huge.  Is this really the size suggested?  Or is
> there a typo in there somewhere?

Given that Tamara calculated the total dimensions of the box with those
numbers, I'd assume it's not a typo.  But it does seem pretty big.

> Hold on a moment!  Think carefully.  I've been known to do many strange
> projects in my day, but I learned a few things from them.  Don't make it
> too complicated or it will get bogged down and not get done.  There's been
> many great ideas presented (and I hope several people will take some of
> them and produce great entries in the 'Seven' contest) but they *cannot*
> ALL be put into one project.  St
> Ives/continents/mountains/forests/sisters/etc all in a heap would be
> confusing.
>
> I think it will result in a better product to stick closely to the St Ives
> theme, with reference to the world-wide aspect of our group.

As for the images, I would agree that the idea of putting *everything*
in them seems a bit much (not that I've ever done anything of this sort,
although I'd be happy to make a cat <g>).  Alice's suggestion sounds
good, preferably with women in regional costumes, why not.  I like
Tamara's a lot too, but I think if we did the continents, we shouldn't
add the whole man/wives/st. Ives idea, it doesn't really fit and would
be very confusing.

> The first panel should have a  sign pointing right "To St Ives".  The last
> panel with the village should have a sign the says "St Ives".  It's
> probably not necessary to write out the rhyme because it's fairly well
> known.

Given that there'll probably be lacemakers from non English-speaking
countries at the exhibition, I'd write out the rhyme.

Weronika