> ... As I say, if you can't speak it, don't write it!!
> ... Why bother, unless you get it right?
>
> Helene, the froggy from Melbourne, still enjoying the rain.

I knew a French speaking Swiss, living in Zurich who never really mastered
German because of such an attitude. He confessed he even started to talk
very late as a child for the same reason.
I didn't care too much about mistakes and thus even learnt to understand
the local diaclect in a few months. It must have sounded horrible though
when I opened my mouth, but thus the locals didn't avoid a conversation
with me as they didn't need to switch to their official language, which is
in practice a foreign language for them.

Appreciate the attempt! At least, when it is meant to make your life
easier and not just to impress.

Jo Falkink, desperately waiting for some real rain.
And translating her site to Frecnh with the help of a volunteer, while
even the English version might still be clumsy.
http://www.xs4all.nl/~falkink/lace/intro-EN.html