Clay wrote:
<I think the idea of see-though pockets is great!!  In fact,
I've been seeing some black mesh fabric in some of my
specialty catalogs which would be perfect!!  No need to use
two layers - this stuff is a little heavier, and was
designed to use in making sewing paraphernalia bags, and
also for colorful back-packs with fancy-schmancy pockets of
mesh.>

I used one layer of tulle for my first attempts but I made a small hem on the top side
of the pocket as I did not want to catch my threads on the uneven edge of the net.
Making it double is just a lazy way of achieving a neat top as both bottom edges are
caught with the fabric by the sewing machine.  I also buy the tulle rolls when they
are on sale at JoAnns or Michaels.  I do have one roll that uses elastic rather than
ribbon but as I pack in as many bobbins as I can I am limited by the amount the
elastic stretches.  I wonder if scrunchies would have more stretch that the regular
elastic on my roll?  I also put my bobbins head down so that I don't handle the thread
more than I should and having see through pockets is useful for bobbins with left over
thread on them.  I can see at a glance if I have one with enough thread to use later
in a project that has several same color sections.
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA