Tamara wrote:
>So I got a big stack of cheap-ish CDs in preparation. They were
>*supposed* to be the kind one can *add* data to. "Supposed" is the key
>word... :) There's a disagreement betwen my puter and my discs; I can
>read someone else's disc, I can burn my own... But I *cannot* add to a
>once-burned disc... Tough :)

Anyone knows anyone who has actually added data to a CD after burning it
the first time? In Melbourne, we have a chain of photo-shops called
"Rabbit photo", and they advertize that they can burn CDs of your photos
for $5.95, which is pretty good. They also say "Next time, bring your CD
with you, and we will add the new film to what you already have, up to
(whatever number)on the same CD.
The problem is...for the last 2 years, none of their branches has been
able to do it for me!! They are OK if you bring several films to be done
at the same time, they can all go on the same CD, but they keep telling me
that "at the moment" their equipment cannot do add-ons !! I don't know
when they will be able to, no-one seems to know anything about it.
According to them it is supposed to work, it *should* work...but it
doesn't! So much for technology.
Which means that I now have about 10 CDs which could contain hundreds of
pictures each, and which only have 24 or 36!!!
As for other photo shops, I had a CD done once near home, and it wouldn't
even talk to my CD/DVD player!!! I could raise the pictures, one by one
and after a lot of work, on my computer, but it refused to work on the DVD
player, whereas we don't have any problems with the CDs made by Kodak in
France or the ones made by Rabbit. Weird...

Yours, Helene, the froggy from Melbourne, back in the sun while I'm
working after a dismal weekend. Went to see Hero at the cinema, wonderful
photography!

http://au.movies.yahoo.com