As the digests seem to be few and far between maybe I can ask everyone what
lace related items they received for Christmas?  I only got a few.  My DH got
me a One and Only pillow from Snowgoose which I have to cover.  My family
thought it rather odd that I should get a huge box which when unwrapped
contained what looked like polystyrene blocks, no gift inside it.  I also got a
copy of Bridget Cooks Building Torchon Patterns to add to my bookcase and a
friend sent me beads and a pair of scissors in a little metal holder from Past
Times in England.

When DH asked me what I wanted for Christmas I had replied a One and Only.  He
took a little persuading seeing as I had bought an expensive pillow last summer
at convention.  Ca't understand that we can never have too many pillows. :-)

I hope everyone had a happy Christmas.  We did have snow on Christmas Day but
only a dusting of about an inch.  I am also happy that none of my British
friends or relations went to Indonesia or other places for exotic holidays this
year.  Watching the tv news has been horrifying and I am so sad for all the
people involved in the disaster.  Let us hope that relief is sent to them soon.
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA