On 13 Jan 2005, at 12:24, Brian Lemin wrote:

A few folks have told me that there is a "future" date on my web page. Not true. I have written it in the British/Australian style, not the American style. i.e. day/month/year.

We may have taken on a lot of American spelling and indeed some American meanings too, but we have not changed our date style ..."yet". I think it will come, and to be honest, I would be happy to accept it.

From experience of family history where dates can be very important I've learned that it's best to write out the name of the month, and the year in full.
10/2/05 could be; 10th February 05, or October 2nd 05 but 10th February 05 and February 10th mean the same around the world - but is 05 2005, 1905, 1805....

Brenda
http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/paternoster/