I thought there might be one or two people who would like to know about The
Silk Merchants House
in Marlborough, Wiltshire, England.  There is a web site where you can visit
the house and see what it is like inside.  The house is open from Easter
until September.

I do know that there was lace schools for the poor girls of the parish set
up in Marlborough during the period that this house was being built (second
half of the 1600's).  I found this out at the Wiltshire Records office when
doing research.

www.merchantshousetrust.co.uk

Enjoy

Jean