Pene wrote:
Weronika, tell your husband that the conventions planned
for the next 3 years are too far away from California. Quote
"carpe diem" at him & say this may be the only opportunity
that you may get. You never know what the future holds.

Keep your fingers crossed if you tell him this because 2008 convention in
Chicago may be further but as a hub for United and AA the flights might be
cheaper, and after you have attended one convention you will be bitten by the
bug and want to go to all of them!!

We have at least 10 going from our guild this year and we double or triple up
in the bedrooms to keep down the cost.  We usually hit the supermarket for
breakfast and lunch food and drink.  Last year as we were able to drive we even
took a portable refrigerator!  One year we took a toaster oven, but I don't
advise reheating frozen pizza in your bedroom, it took days to get rid of the
smell!!

I also signed up for the Arachne lunch.  I am so glad that the host guild
organised that, much better than our hit and miss attempts at getting together
of recent years.  I hope they are also going to let us sign up for tables at
the banquet like last year, it made it much more civilised than everyone
rushing to grab a table for their groups.  Looking forward to getting my 24
hour class that I put as my first choice, the first time I have gone for one
workshop rather than two differing ones.  My first convention I just did an
afternoon class like Pene and I enjoyed sleeping in and reading the
complimentary newspaper in bed.  Hope to see you there,
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA