On Mar 14, 2005, at 16:39, Rita Lloyd wrote:

I can't remember how long I should make it, for gathering? Is it 2 !/2 times the prospected length or 3 times. I've got double the length now and am not sure how much longer to make it.

I'd think it would depend on how much gathering you want - no hard and fast rules. The more it's gathered, the less the lace shows (but, also, the less do the mistakes show; it's a trade-off <g>). I'd think anything between time and a half and twice the length would be enough - pretty, frilly, but not stiff like a ruff... IMO

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/