In recent postings to Arachne there has been
considerable information pertaining to the ages of US
lace makers, particularly ages of those attending the
IOLI conference.

Being the youngest of my local guild, and generally
one of the younger lace makers (I am not that young,
as my younger son is going off to university this
fall), I have received more than my fair share of
joking about my age, etc.

Personally, I don't feel that lace making is an
expensive hobby. (I have friends who regularly spend
far greater amounts of money in just one day of
shopping at a mall.)  It's only the attendance at
conventions that requires greater expenditures.

But, that leads to my question.  Are there greater
numbers of lace makers of varying ages in coutries,
other than the US?  What number of those lace makers
attends lace fairs and and conventions?

Sylvie
a forty-something lace maker in Illinois, USA