On 5/26/05 8:11 AM, "Malvary J Cole" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Doll needles are great for 80 tatting cotton or a little thicker, but you
> need the thinner tatting needles if you want to do anything finer.

The doll needles that I use for needle tatting (and that I can find locally)
are suited for Pearl 5 and Size 10 crochet cotton.  I blunt the ends and
then they work great.

I've seen a couple of different manufacturers of doll needles and the
needles are all the same size.

My questions:  Do doll needles come in different sizes/diameters/lengths????
Is so, can someone suggest a source for purchase?   What sizes of doll
needles do you use with what size of thread?

Karen Bovard
The ShuttleSmith
Omaha, Nebraska