The United Way of Central Louisiana created the Central Louisiana Katrina
Response Fund on Thursday, September 1, 2005. The purpose of the fund is
to respond to the crisis occasioned in central Louisiana by Hurricane
Katrina. All money donated to the Central Louisiana Katrina Response Fund
will be used to provide assistance to relief efforts in the central
Louisiana parishes.   The website is www.uwcl.org Many school-age
evacuees have been welcomed into the local schools, which are pressed to
provide supplies for them.

(I do not subscribe to lace-chat, where I suppose this message should
more properly be sent.)

--- Doris  O'Neill--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] EarthLink: The #1
provider of the Real Internet.