It is SO refreshing to hear the Native names, and pronounced (hopefully) as
they once were.  In Virginia, we have the Monacan, Seminole, Shenandoah,
Rappahanock, Chincoteague, Assateague, and Puncateague, to name a few, and
except for the first two, either towns or regions have been named for them.
Our local Native American descendants are very active and have Pow-Wows
annually to keep their traditions alive.

And to keep this "lace related"...  One of the first bits of "old lace" I
ever saw was a bit of "Sprang" (if I'm not mistaken), made by Indians in
the Southwest in the mid 1800's.

Clay

Clay Blackwell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]