Hi everyone
I have sent out nearly all the assignments to those taking part in the
card exchange and I hope to send the remaining, a.s.a.p.
If you had signed up early on, and haven't heard anything from me yet
- please let me know, in case I don't have you on my list.
There is still  time to sign up - I am taking names until November 1,
and will then close the circle, as it were.
Here is the how-to:
"When you have signed up, I assign one person to send to another (A send to
B, B sends to C etc. all the way through to Z sends to A).
Last year I received a beautiful Torchon lace candle on a card from
Antje in Spain. My
recipient, Anne in England, got a snowflake that I'd made from Tamara's 2-pair
Inventions.

The deal is, make a lace Christmas card - that's it. It can be a lacey
scene, or an ornament that can be taken off later, an art card,
however way you want to use your lace.. If you
wish to send something else, such as a postcard from your area, that
is up to you. The minimum requirement is lace on a card that can be
sent at basic letter rate (incl airmail). No one should expect more -
or less - and here's the qualifier: ***** please do not sign up if you
don't think you can make a card in time to send it before Christmas!
we have had other exchanges in the past, and it is soooo disappointing
to be on the neglected end :(

For fun, so that everyone on tthe list can enjoy, we have a web page available
from Barbara Joyce who can post pictures of the cards/laces -  either from
the lacemaker or the recipient.
Please credit the designer if you are using a published pattern, or
yourself if you are
the designer!
You can see some of last year's exchange cards here:
http://homepage.mac.com/bejoyce/arachne/

so -
To sign up, send e-mail to me with 'Christmas card exchange' in the
subject line,
let me know if you want to send to more than one person, and please
include your mailing address. I'll take names until November 1 but
will start assigning well before then. December 5 is the
deadline for mailing."

Make what you can, enjoy what you receive!
--
bye for now
Bev in Sooke BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)