Dear friends

I just have to write with a little boast that my lace has been chosen for the
front cover of this quarter's Lace.  I am also flattered by a double colour
page in the magazine as well.  The work was produced for my City and Guild Part
I, which I completed last year and was submitted, without any encouragement by
me, by the tutor, Ann Day. I didn't ever expect it to gain such world wide
publicity!

By the way, what are people looking for in the newest Anna magazine?  When I
was at the Knitting and Stitching show recently I looked through the latest
copy and at the publicity for the next one and couldn't spot any lace-related
items at all.  The infrequency of lace in this magazine has put me off
subscribing, although I have quite a few usable patterns from the past.

By the way, the Knitting and Stitching show at Alexandra Palace was a wonderful
day out and there were even two (!!) genuine lace suppliers there.  Also the
usual display by the Lace Circle with their dedicated supporters and an
excellent stand by the Lace Guild with some lace from the collection on show
and several panels of labels produced for the Lacemakers Census.  We were told
that there were so many entries for this that there are still many to be
mounted, so those of us who didn't send in until the last minute will have to
wait for our offerings to be displayed.

The best thing I picked up at the Knitting and Stitching Show was a new student
for one of my classes. Funny how we can spot the right people; we got chatting
on the tube on the way to the show!!

Happy lacing

Rosemary (in Sussex)