Hi Bev et al,

I went to day for the first of a series (I hope!) of private lessons with a
new student, who, when I asked over the phone if she'd done any lace, said
she hadn't, but she had a pillow, several bobbins, and some thread.
  Anyway - I decided to take her a pillow with my 'bandage' pricking on it
(how can that have anyone's copyright on it - a length of cloth stitch
trail?) and a few books to show her.   Imagine my surprise - when I arrived
at the house, she proudly showed me several lengths of an edging - torchon
ground and fans - which she had done from a book borrowed from the library,
without any help at all!    However, much to my amazement, she wanted to
start at the beginning, with the 'bandage', and then looked at my books and
decided that the one she liked the look of was the Bridget Cook Manual,
closely followed by the Geraldine Stott Torchon Lace one.    So for next
week, I am hoping to have a copy of one or other of the books from eBay, a
supply of new spangled bobbins, and some threads - she was bounding along
and had almost completed the bandage by the time I left after just over two
hours, so I am sure she'll be a definite asset to the lacemaking world.
She was also quite taken with the Essex and Suffolk newsletters, as well as
the Circle and Guild, so hopefully in a few weeks/months, I'll be able to
sign her up for all or some of those too!

So a very good and enjoyable morning - when one discounts the fact that I
waited for about twenty minutes, at the wrong garage, for my husband, who
took his car in to have its MOT and some work done on the brakes!    What a
waste of time *that* was!

Carol - in Suffolk UK.