Hello Debbie
I wonder if you remember the late Don Harrison of Rushden, Northamptonshire. When I attended my first lace day back c1980 Don's stand was the first one I saw with its piles of old bobbins and that was where my first antique bobbins came from, after that I always hoped that Don was one of the traders at any lace day I attended as a good part of the day when not buying could be spent just sorting through the piles. Looking back though watching him just tipping the bobbins out of the boxes onto the table fills me with horror. In between times I visited him and Joan at their home whenever a birthday, anniversary or Christmas was pending also when on courses at Knuston Hall a visit to the Harrison's was a must. I recall Don had a box full of old beads which he used when repairing any unfortunate spangleless bobbins, many times I asked if he would sell me the lot but he always refused, I wonder where they are now. It was a great shame that he didn't keep a record of the bobbins that passed through his hands though I have kept all his price lists and the bobbins listed are included in one of my databases of bobbin inscriptions.
Ah happy days
Diana on a very wet day in Northamptonshire