To: <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2006 2:31 AM
Subject: [lace] Parchment Pricking, Spangles

Hi Everyone,
 Happy New Year!

 I have acquired a great bundle of old Midlands bobbins.  The bobbins are
used and worn and the spangles look to be original.  The wires are thick
and tarnished and plenty of years of grime in the beads.  The interesting
part is the beading...most are symmetrically placed.  I hadn't seen any,
and was suspicious of the other thread about this style, but...now I have
some!

 My question comes with another goody that came with them.  There is a
parchment pricking that I intend to redraft in the future.  The other
prickings that I have of parchment are all flat, and have been slipped
into sleeves to prevent them from curling.  However, this one is already
folded into quarters.  It is still a bit supple, but I live in a very dry
(0%humidity) area and know the life will be sucked out of the poor thing
soon.  Does anyone know how to properly take care of it?  It is only about
10 inches long and 1.5 inches across.  Thanks for any suggestions!

 Laura
 Lace! in New Mexico, USA