Once you get familiar with the grid drawing program you should be able to look at the Henk Hardeman pattern (or any other) count up how many repeats in a full circle and how many dots per repeat, measure the inside and outside diameters of the required leaf and then generate a suitable grid to print off and then draw (by hand!) over it.

This seems to be a suitable time to repeat what I've often said - NEVER start on a big fan project without being sure that the pattern will fit the sticks, and NEVER start working a fan leaf before you have the sticks!

Brenda

On 17 Jan 2006, at 19:06, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thank you very much, Brenda. I will try that site, and see how I get on. Is it easy to get grids from that site? I am not very experienced on the computer! It is a lovely pattern, though, and I do not want to give up on it. Thanks again for the help.

Dee
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brenda Paternoster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "lace Arachne" <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 6:51 PM
Subject: Re: [lace] Fanleaves

Hello Dee

You have to get the outer circumference AND the inner circumference the same as your fan sticks, as well as being the right depth/width. Enlarging/reducing will alter both the circumferences and the width. Stretching a circular pricking on one direction only will turn it into an elipse.

Your teacher is right; if the pattern does not fit your sticks you will have to draw your own. You could just re-draw the Henk Hardeman pattern onto a polar grid of the right size. Re-drawing existing patterns is the first step towards designing your own anyway. There's an excellent source of polar grids on Jo Falkink's website:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~falkink/lace/grid-round-EN.html

Brenda