Angel Skubic wrote:

I have an old singer treadle machine. I love it. It needs
a new belt though...the other one just plain got old and
dry...

Those belts are still being made.  Ask at any place that
repairs sewing machines. The belt is held together by an S hook, and there is a notch in the drive wheel, so it's quite easy to take the old one off and put the new one on. It should require you to trim a bit off and poke a new hole for the S hook in the cut end to get a tight fit. Any good, sharp knife will cut the leather.

--
Joy Beeson
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/