From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 2:27 AM
To: Jean Nathan
Cc: lace@arachne.com
Subject: Re: [lace] Pattern copyright

> Most books carry a notice on the copyright page saying that the book
cannot
> be resold, but in most cases it wouldn't be practical or financially
worth
> the author or publisher taking legal action to stop a secondhand copy
being
> sold

Wow, that's hard to believe.  If this is so, then all second-hand book
stores are illegal.  While it wouldn't be financially feasible for one
author to go after one seller of one copy of his/her book, a class
action suit by all authors against all used-book stores would surely be
worth pursuing!

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
(formerly  Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)