Clay wrote:

<Here's another curiosity...

In this picture, it appears that the lace is coming off the pillow on the side,
and resting in her lap.  Is this just a badly staged picture, or is she really
working lace this way.  I know that some laces are made in vertical sections,
but I presumed that the sections were joined off the pillow.

http://tinyurl.com/2a8nuj

Maybe she has turned her pillow to work a talley at a more comfortable angle or
maybe it is as you say, so she can show off the beautiful lace.
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://jblace.wordpress.com/
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/