Hello Ann and all spiders,

Here in Spain it is very usual to seat at the doors house, open air, to make lace. I personally do not like the sun facing the lace because the light reflecting on the pricking and the white of thread, makes my eyes tired. I prefer seat with the sun facing me, so the pillow protects the work from the sunlight.
It is known too, that the ancients in all Mediterranean area when women
washed linen, they extended it under the sunlight to whiten it.

ann.humphreys escribió:
I am curious about the 'sitting in the sun' to make lace.

Regards.

Carolina. Barcelona. Spain.

--
Carolina de la Guardia